Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
123Mike
Senior MemberPosts: 4,306Gear list
Like?
Departure to E but not really
10 months ago

I really want better resolution with good low light, and better video. I think the A6000 is going to provide this. My transition is going to be a bit strange. The E 16-50 lens apparently isn't so great. So I secured an A3000 with 18-55 lens for $200. The A3000 camera replaces the A300 as the backup/wife camera. She's been frustrated I'm hogging the A57 when she wants to take video. I also have an LA-EA2 coming, which I'll need for the Tamron 17-50, Sony 35, 55-300, and 24-85RS. No IBIS I'll compensate using bursting and using software to help me pick the sharp results quickly. The E lens lineup is very frustrating. So I think the A mount lenses will be with me for a while to come. Should another A mount camera come out before the May body A6000 release, I might cancel the switch, and sell the E parts, but I'm not holding my breath.

So I'll have one foot in E and the other in A land. I hope I can legally continue to post here, given that I'll be using an SLT still, with the adapter, without getting harassed. I'll continue to enjoy the A mount culture here and some of the quite enjoyable photos some people post here.

123Mike's gear list:123Mike's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS A3000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +4 more
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow