unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: "But at low ISO nothing can beat this camera." - CEO SIGMA
In reply to amalric, 7 months ago

amalric wrote:

D Cox wrote:

Jack Hass wrote:

F2.8 and fixed lens is a deal breaker. Not fast enough for the 45/75mm versions, and im not buying multiple cameras for each application. I have one camera with different lenses that can do everything, ill keep it that way.

Sigma do make a DSLR with changeable lenses too. They will probably update it with the new sensor and battery next year.

Their argument for using fixed lenses is that each lens can be precisely matched to and aligned with the sensor.

Nobody has mentioned what is in my opinion the big defect of these new cameras, which is that the LCD screen doesn't tilt. That means you can't use the camera at waist level, which is the best position for holding a camera steady and avoiding shake.

The new shape suggests that these cameras might mainly be used for Landscape and Portrait on a Tripod, and so the separate button for AF. Just a suggestion.

BTW the CEO about not wanting to get too big is interesting. Once you do you must replicate performance and it becomes more difficult and anonymous.

By keeping a certain size instead you keep the art and craft spirit, which saved Leica.

To do it while keeping small prices is genius. But go explain the majority of illiterates here.

As for the shape of the camera it is anticonventional, a crime for those, but again it would match well a tripod, and perhaps even a coat's pocket. Keep in mind that large resolutions need an extremely steady platform.

Am.

I think the current shape makes more sense. Finding an appropriate bag/case will also be challenging. I can fit all three current DP cameras in my bag. With the new design I would not be able to.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
110New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow