Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave4120
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
BEGINNER NEEDS CAMERA FOR CRUISE PHOTOS & GRANDSON
2 months ago

Hello...at age 60, I'm ashamed to say, I've hardly ever even touched a still camera, ever.  A video recorder, yes.

Anyway, my wife and I have begun to take more leisure time off and are doing a lot of cruising, and, I'm looking for a camera, not SLR, that will provide me with the best image and sharpness of photo quality.  Plus, I want to take photos of my 4-year old Grandson on a regular basis.

Price is not a concern, but I'm not sure if I need one of those long zoom cameras or not.  I am thinking, the easier the camera is to learn and operate the better, but understand there probably aren't many, if any, cameras that provide sharp photos in bright and low light that are point and shoot, or can produce these quality images in an automatic mode.

So, I am open to any suggestions.  Again, mostly outside photos when we cruise and of my grandson, and, inside photos while on the ship, and inside photos of my grandson.

Some have suggested the Canon SL1, some the new Fuji S1 that is coming out, but I'm not sure about anything.

The quality of the Images is my first priority

Ease of use and learning is second.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1) FinePix S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow