Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,745Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax vs. Nikon....are there any Pentax shooters that have used a d7000 or d7100?
In reply to Jim in Hudson, 7 months ago

Jim in Hudson wrote:

awaldram wrote:

Not wanting politicize the discussion.

But some countries 'price hikes' are more to-do with political decisions of their and Japans governments than driven by the evil Pentax

2006 $1=116yen average , £1 = 214 Yen

2012 $1 =79 yen average , £1 = 130 Yen

Today:

$1 = 102 Yen

GBP 1 = 171 Yen

How much have those lens prices fallen since 2012?

Was going to say about 15% but some are more some considerably less (UK)

16-50 = 2012 £1100 today £830

50-135 2012 =£1100 today £950

so I guess market conditions effect price

I think US market is different because pre - price adjustment IMO PentaxUS was selling at prices to drive sales not profit.

with prices averaged 25-50% than the rest of the world, I can see Americans being upset with the new pricing regime but don't think Ricoh or any company with pretensions of business acumen could let thinks slide any longer.

Unfortunately they cleaned house at the same point western economies collapsed so not only did you get 'adjusted' but then in quick succession got 'exchange rate adjusted'

So though other manufacturer increased prices 30-50% the Pentax jump was more 60-80%, I suspect they'd have liked to do more but were constrained by the market.

So even today American prices are still cheaper for Pentax lens yet balanced for other makes across the world.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow