Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
isvana
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
NEX7 replacement is the A7, of course
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 8 months ago

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Marla2008 wrote:

I actually see [A6000] more as a humpless, APS-C A7.

To me, a long time N7 user who still picks my N7 over any other camera (and yes, I returned the A7), the N7 is mostly about TriNavi and mag alloy case. ...

...Sometime in the next month or so might we get the "a7000" which would be a premium bodied NEX6 with similar controls, all the a6000 goodies plus a few more, an uprated sensor, high resolution evf and a price point higher than the a6000.

Wishful thinking indeed... from a "product planning" point of view the "premium E mount camera at $1.5K-$2K price point" moved from NEX7 to A7 (notice the similarity in the numbering...). A6000 is *mostly* an upgrade from the NEX6 but the downgraded viewfinder is probably for cost / positioning reasons.

If Sony had any balls they would come clean and announce their model progressions to their customers, such as "A7 replaces NEX-7 as the ..." (assuming the NEX7 is discontinued). I guess Sony are playing at being "inscrutable Japanese company" rather than "market leader".

An A7000 would indeed be nice. Maybe it will come. Sony may instead do an A3 (A7 with APS-C sensor). And/or an A2000 (A3000 with 1" RX100 sensor). Etc. Depends on whatever corporate policy is. One thing for sure, the latter policy isn't "keeping satisfied NEX-7 customers happy with an upgraded premium rangefinder style camera"!

isvana's gear list:isvana's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Alpha NEX-6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow