Filter advice please: B+W 82mm Kaesemann Polarizer Extra Wide MRC vs Kaesemann XS-Pro MRC Nano

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HeyKit
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Filter advice please: B+W 82mm Kaesemann Polarizer Extra Wide MRC vs Kaesemann XS-Pro MRC Nano
6 months ago

Hello!

I posted the questions below in the Canon 5D forum, but a member kindly responded by saying that the Canon lens forum might be a more appropriate one to ask the questions.  So I would be extremely grateful for your insights:

I was wondering if anyone has tried out the B+W 82mm Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Extra Wide MRC Filter, and could comment on the following:

(a) the filter has an oversized filter ring which is suppose to reduce vignetting (relative to other B+W polariser), but it is also $100+ more expensive then other B+W polariser. I haven't been able to find a detailed review on the filter to see what the real difference it makes on an image (e.g. compare with a B+W Kaesemann XS-Pro Circular Polarizer MRC Nano Filter). Is this really the ultimate polariser to get for landscape enthusiasts? Is it worth the extra money or am I better off with a XS-Pro MRC Nano?

(b) once this extra wide filter is put onto a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L II USM lens, can the lens hood still fit onto the camera?

I would be extremely grateful for your advice.

Best wishes

Kit

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow