Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10... Locked

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
goshigoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 736
Re: Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10...
In reply to PINOYE90, 8 months ago

I believe GX7 has much better user interface than EM10 so you should love GX7 more
But EM10's out of camera jpeg should be better than GX7 so I would suggest you to get EM10 kit if you are a jpeg only shooter

PINOYE90 wrote:

Currently have 7 yrs old Nikon D40 with kit lense 18-135mm...
The past year... i dont want to use it because its bulky/big/heavy...

Now... I have a go signal from wife to get new smaller camera...

I am researching/comparing the 2 cameras... i am lost... its like choosing between blonde or brunette...

My observation based on reading this forum for 1 week... GX7 is better camera than EM10... However, i like the black color of the EM10 and it looks like EM10 is cheaper...

Is it better to get the camera with the kit lense? or its better to just get the buy the camera body and get the separate lense... What lense should i get??? I actually prefer the pancake style lense... because its not bulky...

I would use the camera for some family vacations and sometimes taking sport pics for my kids...

Please note... i am not expert in photography... My old DSLR is 98% always in Auto...

Hopefully... the new camera will make me intersted in learning about digital photography... ISO/Apperture/shutterspeed and all that stuff

Thanks!

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow