Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
nzmacro
Forum ProPosts: 10,053Gear list
Like?
Well I was wrong
In reply to mike geier, 10 months ago

mike geier wrote:

Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi, in other words, a cheaped down NEX 7?

At first I looked at it the same way. Then looking at the FULL specs of what it does offer over the NEX-7, its actually a different beast. Can the NEX-7 take a burst of shots with a remote, mine can't. Can my NEX-7 hook up to WIFI, nope. Those two features alone could well make it worth my while and then we have the cost. Interesting.

So I have a decision to make. I need two camera bodies, simple as that really. So do I get the A6000, do I get another NEX-7 (that doesn't actually add up in my book now), or do I wait to see what happens this year.

The answer is I will wait. If nothing comes out of it and gives me the features I want, the A6000 will be just fine. I was seriously looking at a second hand NEX-7. What about warranties. What about owning a new camera that starts off as new and little or no shutter counts. Could I make an A6000 work, well of course I can if the NEX-7 works.

All the best and still a lot depends on the reviews and what I see here first. I'm not a camera crash test dummy.

Danny.

nzmacro's gear list:nzmacro's gear list
Sony Mavica CD1000 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow