Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Bruce Oudekerk
Senior MemberPosts: 2,659Gear list
Like?
a6000 EVF
In reply to Donny out of Element here, 7 months ago

Donny out of Element here wrote:

It has OSPDAF AF that NEX-7 can dream of. It has improved sensor with better high ISO. It has better battery life. It has Wi-Fi and NFC. It has new much faster BIONZ-X quad core chip with new jpeg engine and selective noise reduction. It has much better price.

The only "downgrade" is EVF (still sharper and cleaner look than one in N6/7) and absence of tri-navi, BUT it has dedicated MR mode on top dial, C1 and C2 buttons, and 7 customizable buttons overall. IMHO it is a no contest with N6/7. Not even close.

To be honest I could care less about the Jpeg engine as long as it doesn't screw up the histogram too badly.

I don't THINK that the lower resolution EVF in that a6000 will be its Achilles heel but what bothered me about the N7 was the EVF granularity in any sort of low light. Some lesser speced EVFs were significantly better in my estimation and overall that would be more important...I think. Everyone has a different threshold of pain but I won't know where mine is until I actually get to play with the a6000.

I'm optimistic.

Bruce

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow