How do you keep track of your lens cap?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,526Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you keep track of your lens cap?
In reply to crypie, 7 months ago

crypie wrote:

I have had my GM-1 for a little over a week and am very happy so far. I don't know if I have anything to contribute outside of the many reviews but one question I have and have not seen much talk about is how you keep track of your lens cap? They are so small and I have already had a couple of times where I had to keep looking around to find mine.

I know there are lots of lens cap systems out there so I'm curious what folks have decided to use for the smaller cameras like the GM-1.

I'm usually really good at keeping track of things, except lens caps. For a while I used a pocket, but it was a different pocket every time, or so it seemed, which drove me nuts. Then I found a cool impulse buy thing at B&H, a HÜFA Lens Cap Clip that clips on my camera strap. (I tape it in place with electrical tape, too).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/825820-REG/HUFA_101_Lens_Cap_Clip.html

I always replace original lens caps with El Cheapo caps, just in case, too.

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +25 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow