Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10... Locked

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
aemari
New MemberPosts: 11
Re: Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10...
In reply to PINOYE90, 5 months ago

I am in the exact same situation. I currently use a Nikon D90, but use it quite frequently out of Auto and have more than a few lenses for it. But I have found that I take it around less and less due to size and bulk. Have been using my little P&S Canon S90, but miss the interchangeable lens with the DSLR. Wanted something smaller and lighter.

I have on order an Olympus OMD-EM10 and am anxious to start using it. I also looked at the Panasonic GX7. One commenter suggested that going with the one that feels best in your hands, but unfortunately there are no camera stores around me that carry the Panasonic camera line, so I was not able to physically hold one. I did see am EM5 in a store and it felt very small compared to what I am used to. The grip was less formidable compared to the DSLR, but better than a lot of P&S cameras and some CSC cameras that I have seen on line.

So why did I go with the EM10? I felt that for the price, the EM10 better fit my needs and wants. I was able to get the EM10 with the new pancake 14-42 lens and 40-150 zoom lens for little more than the cost of the Panasonic camera body only. This gives me the equivalent of 28-300 mm in a very small package. And if the grip is not enough, there is a very affordable additional grip, although not a battery pack.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow