ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
net1994
Contributing MemberPosts: 509
Like?
Getting the hang of my D800 - Thoughts?
8 months ago

Hello all,

I few weeks ago I bought a refurb D800. Price was right and I had wanted the camera for the longest time. After a few weeks of putting the camera through its paces I think I have got the hang of it.  I spent nearly $5k on the camera, new Tamron 24-70 VC lens and other stuff I've been forced to upgrade. As its been mentioned, the camera really requires rock solid discipline. If a see a possible pic and know I'm not going to be printing it HUGE (say 30x40") then I am ok doing handheld. If I think I will print it out big, then its a lot of time/effort to get perfect technique. If its 5 seconds handheld, then it could be 10 minutes once its on the tripod until shot is taken.

I will be going to the Four Corners area of the USA in April. I will drive around (by myself) for about 7 days. From the initial research I've done on where to go/what to see, It will be a blast with my D800.

Here are a few pics I took on Cape Cod and at last weeks Chinese New Year Festival in Boston.  Let me know what you think!

All Cape Cod Pics on my photo site

A few from the Cape:

And the other Gallery:   Boston's Chinese New Year Festival 2014

-- hide signature --

My Photography website = Happy time for your eyes:
http://www.paintbypixels.com

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow