Buying Samyang MF lenses - Canon or Nikon mount?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tobicy68
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Buying Samyang MF lenses - Canon or Nikon mount?
8 months ago

I am planning on buying my second prime lens after the Canon 50/1.8. Planning on getting the Samyang 35/1.4 but am wondering which mount I should get for my 6D.

I have a family that uses different brands of cameras, I use Canon and Pentax, my sister uses Canon, my father is a Nikonian who uses Nikon since he was young. I was thinking if I get a Nikon mount I can share the lens with my father. It's a MF lens anyway so I'm fine using the lens with an adapter.

But one thing I'm not sure is, does it provide AF confirmation? I'm always confused with Canon in this. I use Pentax and with a cheap m42 to Pentax adapter without any chip I still get focus confirmation with my m42 lenses. Why do Canon don't have this available and we have to buy more expensive adapters with chip on them to allow AF confirmation?

That's the problem I have, the risk of buying Nikon mount that potentially don't have AF confirmation compared to Canon which I think should have?

Any thoughts? Any suggestions when buying MF lenses for Canon do you prefer Nikon mount so that you can share the lens with Nikonian friends/relatives? Or perhaps to have a better resale value?
 Share your thoughts!

Jay

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow