X-T1 jpg quality question

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Here is a post at 3200 showing waxy skin from excess nr.
In reply to Ed B, 10 months ago

Ed B wrote:

No problem on the riled up part, I can bring out the wost in people, at times.

I shouldn't have been so critical about the samples that were posted.

I'm not going to buy the X-E2 or the X-T1 because my X-E1 is only about a year old and I'm still pretty happy with it. If Fuji comes out with an X-Pro2 I may be tempted to come up with the money and buy it.

My big problem with all the talk about the X-E2/X-T1 high ISO problems is that I simply don't see it as being that much different from the X-E1/X-Pro1 at ISO 6400 and above. I've even read every professional review of the X-E2 and no reviewer has indicated there is any appreciable difference between the cameras.

Every camera with an APS sensor starts to apply significant noise reduction at ISO 6400 and from the high ISO (real life) portraits I've seen on sites like PBase, Flicker, etc., the X-E2 looks pretty good.

The only place I've ever seen the cameras criticized for having "waxy" faces or destructive noise reduction is here, on this forum.

Anyway, it's no big deal and I'm obviously in a minority, so I'll stop talking about it.

Fair enough Ed.

for some reason that sample Chris just posted doesn't look as bad as what Ive experienced> For jpeg, Id say thats acceptable!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow