Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,055Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi
In reply to icycool123, 5 months ago

icycool123 wrote:

No way, nex7 jpegs beats the a7. I used to own the nex 7 so i know. Nex7 would likely beat the a7 if you're using the a7 in crop mode only, like marla was when she had the camera. 10 vs 24 megapixel.

I find this hard to believe.  How can someone shooting in 10 MP crop have any kind of fair opinion about the IQ of the A7? I put the SEL 35/1.8 on my A7 once for fun and couldn't stand it after about 2 minutes (it felt like my 5N shooting video ... only these were stills). Shoot it with an FE lens and the difference would be like night and day.  Even the much maligned kit lens.

But the a7 in ff mode in extra fine settings is one of the best jpeg outputs i've seen. Even nicer than the a99.

Yeah, as do most of the serious review sites - even DPR if you read the "criticism" closely for what it doesn'tfind fault with.

quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow