Nikon Df Review Bombs...Kinda

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Kabe Luna
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,317Gear list
Like?
I can't help but snicker at these kinds of inane generalizations
In reply to Josh152, 6 months ago

Josh152 wrote:

it only appeals to a very specific niche of people, well maybe two niches. One is those who like the cosmetic design and/or old school dials so much they are willing to pay a premium over the D610 to get them and the other is people who want the absolutely best sensor for high ISO shooting but can't or don't want to pay for a D4 and/or don't want to have to to lug such a large camera around. To those who dont' fall into those categories the Df is just an overpriced D610 with less features and a new set of clothes. In other words, pointless. To the people that do, especially the ones in the first category, it is the best Nikon camera ever. With such divergent, completely opposite, and emotionally charged opinions and no one really being able to see from or accept the other sides point of view it is no wonder there is so much angst surrounding the camera.

What about folks like me who also want an unobtrusive camera for candid photography (I've yet to have anyone not already aware what the camera was curious about the Dƒ, whereas the D800 elicits "Is that a DX00?" at every event I shoot)? Dƒ + small prime also draws considerably less attention on the street. Do I have to choose one of those aforementioned niches or can you speak one into existence for me and my ilk as well?

-- hide signature --
 Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow