Senior MemberPosts: 3,044Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi
In reply to BlueBomberTurbo, 10 months ago

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:

Marla2008 wrote:

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:

mike geier wrote:

By the way, the only camera I feel is a NEX 7 equal, is my Nikon D7100, but because of it's size I usually choose the NEX to take with me.....

Have you ever compared image quality between the two? The D7100 blows the doors off the NEX-7. D7100 vs NEX-6 is a bit more fair, but the D7100 still walks away, no contest. I've got both, and was appalled at the NEX-7's image after ISO 800, so I got an NEX-6 instead. Amusingly, I find myself shooting it more than the D7100 because of its MF ability and Speed Booster availability, but the D7100 is still in use for sports and max quality images. Hoping the A6000 can be its equal in both.

Oh oh, one needs a pair of rubber boots to read through that crap, lol...

-- hide signature --

"If you don't have an expression, you don't have a shot" - Peter Hurley.
http://itsnotthecamera.wordpress.com/

Feel free to wade through the sample RAWs at sites like here or PhotographyBlog, as well, and make comparisons. LOTS of my work is done at mid and high ISO, so the NEX-7 would just limit what I could shoot. The NEX-6 uses the same sensor as the D7000, which is considered to be almost equal in overall noise to the D7100 if you're talking 100% crops. The NEX-7 would easily beat the 6 for studio, tripod-mounted landscape, and sunny day shots, but that's about it.

Are you comparing in-camera JPGs? DXO shows the D7100 as only 1/4 stop better than the NEX-7 in high ISO noise. That's statistically significant, but but still really minor... less even than the SLT's give up for their mirrors. The JPG processing could make a big difference, though.

Marla has already said that she prefers the NEX-7 JPG implementation over the new one used in the A7/A7R. I don't, but to each their own. If she likes NEX-7 JPGs, she may not like D7100 JPGs, regardless of whether they look better to you.

BTW, Marla, I think it pretty likely that the A6000 will indeed have the same JPG processing as the A7/A7R.

-- hide signature --

A7 with kit lens and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D200 A3000 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow