Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 17,904
Like?
Re: Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi
In reply to mike geier, 6 months ago

mike geier wrote:

like I said, a cheaped down NEX 7

Followed by the luxury version of the NEX6 appropriately named the a7000.  To get the pecking order corrected of course.

Sony seem quite adept at spraying out multiple models with variations to fill market niche positions.  Just like the rest of the electronic goods industry marketing.  It is symptomatic of hairdryers to my way of thinking.

All hair dryers dry hair.  Go to the local electrical warehouse and you will find considerable numbers of hairdryers at all sorts of price points, shapes and sizes as manufacturers compete for a share of this fickle market.

Cameras take images and when the market get saturated it mst get to the point where to attract the buyers attention some new features are added and some are taken away.  The a7000 might have re-found the hi-res evf but lost the extra phase detect points.  So the avid buyer must choose whichever least inconveniences.

Of course for the moment the lower res evf in the a6000 must be believed to be an advance on that previously offered.  This leaves the door open for any upgrade that re-offers a higher resolution evf.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow