Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Re: Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi
In reply to BlueBomberTurbo, 8 months ago

BlueBomberTurbo wrote:

Feel free to wade through the sample RAWs at sites like here or PhotographyBlog, as well, and make comparisons. LOTS of my work is done at mid and high ISO, so the NEX-7 would just limit what I could shoot. The NEX-6 uses the same sensor as the D7000, which is considered to be almost equal in overall noise to the D7100 if you're talking 100% crops. The NEX-7 would easily beat the 6 for studio, tripod-mounted landscape, and sunny day shots, but that's about it.

and you just proved why no one can say which one os "better" we don't all need or want the same things.

I can count my low light shots on one hand and with proper processing I find I get shots that are easily good enough for my uses when I do

NEX-7 ISO 3200

click to view 100% original

I find the above results perfectly acceptable and for the other 99% of my shots that are ay base ISO 100 My NEX-7 will beat just about any other APS-c Camera made

so whats "best" for you is not necessarily whats "best" for most other people

and another NEX-7 ISO 6400

chances are if the A6000 has better high ISO performance it has nothing to do with the sensor it will all be because of improved in camera processing and if you know how to do it yourself in post processing then there really isn't any difference

JMO

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow