Donny out of Element here
Contributing MemberPosts: 693Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, you are wrong
In reply to edwardaneal, 6 months ago

edwardaneal wrote:

Donny out of Element here wrote:

mike geier wrote:

Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi, in other words, a cheaped down NEX 7?

It has OSPDAF AF that NEX-7 can dream of.

worthless unless you only use Sony AF lenses designed for PDAF

yes, if you think CDAF stayed the same speed, which may have improved actually

It has improved sensor with better high ISO.

no one knows this yet - no one has actually tested it yet

It states so at the Sony website and the reason is improved RGB filter as well as soem other tech used in this new sensor.

It has better battery life.

again - how do you know this? wouldn't higher procession power actually reduce battery life?

420 shots as per CIPA (it is no secret) I can't comment on processing power vs efficiency - it's not to us to determine that ratio

It has Wi-Fi and NFC. It has new much faster BIONZ-X quad core chip with new jpeg engine and selective noise reduction. It has much better price.

The only "downgrade" is EVF (still sharper and cleaner look than one in N6/7) and absence of tri-navi, BUT it has dedicated MR mode on top dial, C1 and C2 buttons, and 7 customizable buttons overall. IMHO it is a no contest with N6/7. Not even close.

we will see where this sensor actually falls when its been actually tested - until then its all just speculation

Agreed, but speculations are based on facts and what we know so far from Sony itself about A6000 - so it's not like we are pointing a finger to a sky.

as to the PDAF - absolutely worthless to me - it won't work with my Sigma 30 or 60 or the 19 I plan on getting and I will not downgrade the sharpness of my lenses just to have faster focus I will never use

We don't know about that yet - it may turn out Sigma lenses will AF faster even under improved CDAF of A6000. Anyway, we'll see.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow