2nd Curtain Sync on 5D II/III Bodies - Solved !

Started Oct 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Oro Valley Photography
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: What about other triggers?
In reply to sixgun, 2 months ago

sixgun wrote:

DotCom Editor wrote:

sixgun wrote:

In the case of portraits, here is an example of why 2nd curtain is great in weddings - this shot in 1st curtain would look like a flash shot with little background interest or even a dark background. Instead, its a very moving shot worthy of the family album.

Photo by Lindsay Silverman

This is the way people dress for weddings?

Thanks for your thoughtful and detailed information. I don't use PocketWizards. I'm all Einstein all the time. Do you have any advice for achieving 2CS with the Paul Buff triggers?

Haha... not a wedding, a retirement party.. but I have seen some pretty casual weddings.. LOL
Good question about the PCB - assuming you mean cyber commander ? I can ask them the next time I get on the phone with them... seems like it should be able to work but I looked through the manual and it is not mentioned. They are a very responsive company... if its not there maybe we can request a firmware mod...

I shot some night mountain biking shots this weekend using the Einstein slave sensor.  I used the speedlite on the top of the camera and pointed the flash to the Einstein.  It worked great for some pictures but it was limiting with the position of the speedlite needing to be higher than the einstein and the distance needs to be extremely close with ambient light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow