Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?
Re: Yes, you are wrong
In reply to Donny out of Element here, 7 months ago

Donny out of Element here wrote:

mike geier wrote:

Am I wrong? A6000 just a NEX 7 with a composite body and no tri navi, in other words, a cheaped down NEX 7?

It has OSPDAF AF that NEX-7 can dream of.

worthless unless you only use Sony AF lenses designed for PDAF

It has improved sensor with better high ISO.

no one knows this yet - no one has actually tested it yet

It has better battery life.

again - how do you know this? wouldn't higher procession power actually reduce battery life?

It has Wi-Fi and NFC. It has new much faster BIONZ-X quad core chip with new jpeg engine and selective noise reduction. It has much better price.

The only "downgrade" is EVF (still sharper and cleaner look than one in N6/7) and absence of tri-navi, BUT it has dedicated MR mode on top dial, C1 and C2 buttons, and 7 customizable buttons overall. IMHO it is a no contest with N6/7. Not even close.

we will see where this sensor actually falls when its been actually tested - until then its all just speculation

as to the PDAF - absolutely worthless to me - it won't work with my Sigma 30 or 60 or the 19 I plan on getting and I will not downgrade the sharpness of my lenses just to have faster focus I will never use

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow