Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,954Gear list
Like?
I Can't Believe I Did It
5 months ago

I actually preordered a X-T1. I already have a complete setup with a Olympus EM1 mft and some top lenses. But it has long bothered me that I note noise in the sky when shooting even at lower ISO's. I have no other glaring complaints other than the fact that in dark situations the focusing is pretty much not there. I'm assuming with that dual pixel arrangement on the T1 it won't be an issue. Guess I'll find out when I get it. The build looks pretty much equal to my EM1. About the ONLY thing I'd miss is the long reach of the 75-300 lens I have which makes it out to an equivalent of 600mm. No question I'd get the 55-200 at least. I just looked at way to many sample images full sized online which are starting to pop up in good numbers, revealing superb sharpness corner to corner and absolutely stunningly noise free images even in the sky at higher ISO's. I got spoiled with FF cameras before so I just don't know if I could tolerate the noise prevalent in the mft format anymore.

I even played with a Canon 6D for a week, but man hauling that thing around with the 24-105 or 70-300L for any length of time would get real old. The colors on the T1's output are just yummy to begin with. I suspect the viewfinder will be sweet as I already find the one on the EM1 excellent. The dealer whose call list I got on said I'd be in the first batch, and he was informed by the Fuji rep their initial order will be on it's way in the next 10 days. Should be interesting. I may have my EM1 and lenses up for sale if this camera proves to be as wonderful as I've seen. The latest video review on Youtube by "thecamerastore" in Canada just makes it that much more appealing, as they are generally very critical and came out in love with it saying the high speed tracking on the focus was superb as they also showed in images in the review. Now once again the waiting game. I'll be sure to post my own review here when I get a chance to check it out completely. I hope RawTherapee (the RAW converter program) works for it as I really like it's results so far. I'll keep you tuned.

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow