How do you keep track of your lens cap?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
honeyiscool
Senior MemberPosts: 1,000Gear list
Like?
Re: How do you keep track of your lens cap?
In reply to crypie, 10 months ago

crypie wrote:

I have had my GM-1 for a little over a week and am very happy so far. I don't know if I have anything to contribute outside of the many reviews but one question I have and have not seen much talk about is how you keep track of your lens cap? They are so small and I have already had a couple of times where I had to keep looking around to find mine.

I know there are lots of lens cap systems out there so I'm curious what folks have decided to use for the smaller cameras like the GM-1.

Thanks

B+W filter, then you'll never really need a cap since a B+W filter is relatively dust resistant and so easy to clean. The Digital Pro filters are silver colored, whereas the standard MRC ones are black.

If you do want a cap, you can buy a third party cap that has a lanyard attachment, then you can keep it hooked to the neck strap if you so please. Since most compact lenses for M43 cameras are 37mm or 46mm, you can use the same cap for many different lenses.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow