Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chary zp
Regular MemberPosts: 432Gear list
Like?
How to stabilise the camera?
6 months ago

Finally the sun showed up so I went to fiddle a bit with the ND. Manfrotto 055PROB and 141RC three- screw head. D7100 with BG (third party), 85/1,8 and via step up ring screwed in ND filter. The exposure time was 1/2.5 " and I tried using mirror up, but obviously the time between shots was not long enough for the camera to calm down after the mirror flap. Unfortunately, I want to shoot rather hi speed, so I do not have time to wait ten seconds for the setup to calm down, I want to shoot in about 1 second intervals. Sad to say, this leads to shivery shots as you can see in the two consecutive examples (1:1 crops).

The question is, do you have any tips and tricks how to stabilise the camera as much as possible in this hi speed scenario?

chary zp's gear list:chary zp's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D90 Nikon D200 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow