How do you keep track of your lens cap?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,880
Like?
Re: How do you keep track of your lens cap?
In reply to crypie, 8 months ago

crypie wrote:

I have had my GM-1 for a little over a week and am very happy so far. I don't know if I have anything to contribute outside of the many reviews but one question I have and have not seen much talk about is how you keep track of your lens cap? They are so small and I have already had a couple of times where I had to keep looking around to find mine.

I know there are lots of lens cap systems out there so I'm curious what folks have decided to use for the smaller cameras like the GM-1.

Thanks

One of the very best gadgets for photography I have ever bought is a HOOcap. Google for it. The lens cap converts to a lens shade and back again at a touch. Well made. Brilliant concept. I use one on an RX1 where the Sony lens cap is a thing of genuine beauty. At well over $200 a lens cap, it needs to be a thing of beauty. I have enjoyed watching Leica owners jaws drop after they have seen and handled that cap. Now it stays at home on my shelf and I get real pleasure in just picking the thing up, but I wouldn't want to risk it by actually using it.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow