FX for a casual shooter?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Penny123
Regular MemberPosts: 296
Like?
Re: Define Casual?
In reply to InTheMist, 8 months ago

Thank you for providing a selection of photos to prove your point. By casual I mean that I don't take photos for anyone bar myself, I don't take anything abstract or arty styles. I have no intention of ever shooting people or in a studio etc.. I shoot photos that are appealing to me, landscapes, portraits or my dog, flowers, night photography. I have taken over 27,000 since last April and have my camera with me whenever I go out. I use it almost daily in the summer months. I don't shoot sports, the fasted action I get is my dog running but she is getting older now and it is becoming a rarer occurrence but then that makes it all the more important to capture those shots. I like to take portraits of her in woodland with the autumn colours or for example at the moment among the snowdrops, it is these situations the camera really struggles. I have a look at the dpreview iso comparison and between the two to my eye iso looks a bit better on the D600 but the D7100 images look a bit sharper.

I also enjoying using the 70-200 to get a narrower dof for portraits with a bit more impact but I also like portraits where it is evident where we are.

If I got a D7100 I would keep all the lenses I have but if I went with a D610 I would most likely get the 24-120 f/4 as a general walk around along with my current 70-200 2.8 vrii and then replace my dx 40mm with the fx 60mm at some point.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow