Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10... Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
BillSprague
Regular MemberPosts: 409Gear list
Re: Around $1000 budget... Pana GX7 or OMD EM-10...
In reply to PINOYE90, 10 months ago

I almost bought a Sony RX10 in December.  I have been a very happy RX100 user for 18 months.  The RX10 seems to have everything the automatic shooter wants and plenty for the times manual is required.  It is compact, one piece and sealed.

But, I wanted the option of a long zoom.  So first I picked out the Panasonic 100-300 with image stabilization.  For a body in the Panasonic line the GX7 seemed about right for the lens.  To make the camera useful for things beside long zoom I got it with the kit lens.

In many ways I think it comes down to a dart toss that picks a camera withing a group that is appealing.  Then, you learn how to use it for best results.  In other words, the tool is less signiicant than the user's way of using the tool.

So far, I am very pleased with the GX7.  But I still find the RX100 in my pocket a lot when I might get some unexpected shooting opportunities.

FWIW, I didn't get to get the GX7 or the RX100 until "cleared for purchase".

-- hide signature --

Bill Sprague

PS:

BillSprague's gear list:BillSprague's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow