moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,884Gear list
Like?
Re: What would you call a FF Pentax?
In reply to jackie semple, 8 months ago

jackie semple wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

jackie semple wrote:

Someone [Lloyd George, politician] famously said that only a fool answers a hypothetical question. I shall go with that.

Since the majority of scientific breakthroughs in human history have started with someone asking and answering a hypothetical question (if even to themselves,) this would make for a lot of fools

Well said. The expression, 'Nutty Professors' exists for a reason but the name of a hypothetical camera is hardly a scientific question .

But the refusal to even engage in speculative thought about such things carries the same lack of intellectual curiosity, IMO. At the very least... it's no fun to go through life that way!

By the way, Lloyd George was talking about answering hypothetical questions in the realm of politics, which can often be quite foolish since your opponent can use your answer against you.  Not really the case here - I hope!  

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LXDNew
MXNew
FXNew
KFNew
L-10New
K1DNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow