choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
liquid stereo
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,930Gear list
Like?
Different shooting styles/preferences maybe
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 6 months ago

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

Yeah it took me about 2 seconds. They are remakably similar in menu and operation. I prefer the ergonomics of the Sony for me (placement of dials, ease of changing ISO, manual focus is easier, easier to magnify view, change shutter speed without removing your eye from the EVF).

XT1 should be much closer in this regards due to the improved EVF and nice displays and manual focus aids. In fact it may well be the leader in ergnomics over just about any camera. That's one of Fuji's strengths - the tactile involvement of the photographer into the process of taking the image - they do it so well.

Greg.

The beauty of the market is that there are choices/tools/products to satisfy each/all of us. I've never changed the shutter-speed on anything but my DSLR. On the X100 or X-Pro1, I shoot entirely in aperture mode (and auto ISO). On my DSLR, which I use for sports, I shoot in shutter priority but everything else is aperture-priority.

As for specifics about menus and such, I think that's all a load of nonsense. For the most part, I think such things are sorted out after a week... As pointed out in this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW8Cz_v3w1E&list=UUqpOf_Nl5F4tjwlxOVS6h8A&feature=c4-overview

As imaging/photo enthusiasts we have a plethora of choices. Cell phones too!!!

liquid stereo's gear list:liquid stereo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow