X-T1 jpg quality question

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: X-T1 jpg quality question
In reply to Ed B, 10 months ago

seukel wrote:

This is a question for those who already have the camera. As the X-T1 has the same sensor and jpg engine as the X-E2 and X100s I suppose it is also prone to show those waxy smoothened skin tones, that many disliked. Or does it behave differently?

Peter

-- hide signature --

Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
Oscar Wilde

I don't own either camera, I have an X-E1 but I wish someone would post some examples, with EXIF data, of this waxy skin tone problem.

I'm not saying anyone is being overly critical, of the new cameras, but find it hard to believe that Fuji JPEGs would have this problem and sometimes wonder if people aren't simply repeating an opinion that isn't shared by the majority.

Seems like any post, where an individual has a problem, turns into a slam about Fuji.

I'd almost bet that if I posted that my camera had a paint chip, there would be 20 people who would chime in and say the paint job on Fuji cameras was inferior to X, Y, Z brand.

Naturally, I could be 100% wrong about the waxy skin issue but I, personally, have never seen a sample, with EXIF data, posted.

I thought the same thing and shot happily with an xe2 until getting my hands on an xe1 last week . It's pretty obvious doing a side by side and I posted that example linked above.

I don't see how fuji let it slip by but I am willing to wait for a fix as they've done so many other things right and the raw files are unaffected. I don't often shoot critical portraits at ISO 6400 anyways as usually when you have to go that high the light will be terrible anyways and a hi ISO shot won't really save it. My opinion anyways. Pre ordered my XT1 yesterday and if I need hi ISO portraits my xe1 will always be with me as a backup body

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow