Nikon Df Review Bombs...Kinda

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon Df Review Bombs...Kinda
In reply to wisep01, 5 months ago

wisep01 wrote:

It's hard to put a score on mediocrity (there are so many je ne sais quois involved), but if anyone can do it, PhotographyBLOG can. They gave the Df 3.5 out of 5 stars. This equates to 70 out of 100. Kinda what I expected. At most colleges, this is a borderline C- / D+. The Df's really bringing up the rear. LOL.

The Df just scraped by, dragging itself across the finish line on all fours, with a recommended rating. But considering that their rating scale runs from Essential-->Highly recommended-->Recommended-->Above average-->Average, we can clearly see that the Df receives a deservedly middling score.

That perennial curve-breakerr-- D800E-- -got the highest score--"Essential"

But, is sullen-eyed Df is green with envy? I wanted to find out, but it's Presidents Day (here in the US), and my local landfill's closed for the day.

That is one heck of a convoluted post! The Df goes from being above average to average to... am I getting this right, not graduating from college? And then back not above average- but higher than above average... But not as good as a D800E.

The last paragraph is kinda lost on me, but it does demonstrate the emotional knee jerk reactions some of the critics are capable of.

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow