Regular MemberPosts: 184
Like?
Re: Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!
In reply to locke_fc, 6 months ago

locke_fc wrote:

Jim in Hudson wrote:

locke_fc wrote:

locke_fc wrote:

Everything's fine and dandy in Pentax-land, as the usual suspects have already told you.

"Pentax defense force" (you guys know who you are)?

I said "discuss whether...", but lately it's impossible in this forum because a few guys seem to be on call to put down instantly anyone who dares make any criticism against Pentax.

Honestly, this level of defensiveness about a brand takes me back to my teens when I used to post in video gaming forums. I would have thought here we're all much older and mature than that, but apparently, that's not the case, so let's just all stick to "DPR biased against Pentax" and "K-3 the best APS-C ever" kind of posts, and we'll live happily ever after.

Seems to me that people are responding in kind to an OP that is more appropriate in the Fuji forum. In the Pentax forum it serves only to incite and inflame. To me, it's clearly the OP's intent to promote the new Fuji fad than be genuinely concern with Pentax's direction. Hoping maybe for more clicks to X-T1???  If you play with fire don't complain when you get burned.

As for the childish post, seems to me you do your share of it too from the two statements you said above. Maybe look in the mirror first?

My take from this thread is this; X-T1 is a nice camera and have a lot of similarity as the K3/K5 but is a different camera from the K3/K5. The Olympus OM-D E-M1 also have a lot in common with the X-T1 so should Olympus take notice too? The E-M1 and X-T1 combine would be a competitive concern for Pentax. How much notice should the others take; Canon, Nikon, Leica, Samsung, Panasonic, Sigma, Olympus, etc.....is the X-T1 the definitive camera to rule all other camera and make others all bankrupt? I thinking probably not. What happens next month when the next "definitive" camera rolls off the production line?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow