Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,519
Like?
Need and Like
In reply to mistermejia, 10 months ago

The problem is I know what I need, so I am trying to find out which camera I will like Hand holding something for a few minutes in the store helps, but is hardly a decidedly through way to familiarize myself with a camera.

Doing my research thoroughly this time around, I am a firm believer that EVFs will be the way of the future, but I am trying to find out if they are close enough today. I looked at the cameras in store, and the vewfinder lag/smear/jello when I do a quick pan or slight shake *may* impact my ability to take some shots. I am also concerned about AF in low light (esp since I am basically giving up flash with Fuji) I loved the low light flexibility I got from my SB-700, from good AF assist that followed focus point, to the bounce flash ability.

I have a feeling I will really like the Fuji output over what I got from Nikon (without LR PP). One question, when I tried the Olympus OM-D, I noticed that there is a button on the top plate that allows you to customize the shadow/highlight curve. Does Fuji have something like that (even if in menu)?

-- hide signature --

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others"
- Ayn Rand

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
NawNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow