Zone and hyperfocal focusing with FE lenses

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Miki Nemeth
Contributing MemberPosts: 571Gear list
Like?
A7 displays the actual focus distance when turning the focus ring on E-mount lenses
In reply to spacemn, 6 months ago

spacemn wrote:

It [the A7] will show a slider with the focus distance when you manual focus native lenses. This is very cool and you also can see when you are actually focusing to infinity.

Hi MN, you are totally right. I apologize for the misinformation; I should have checked before writing silly things. As far as I know this is unique to Sony; no other mirrorless camera (Nikon 1, micro 4/3) displays the actual focus distance; I hope, this time I am not mistaken.

The only thing I should do is to keep an information sheet in my camera bag with a table shoing the most important zone/hyperfocal ranges/distances for the apertures and focal lengths I use.

Thank You, Miki

PS: Your gallery contains a number of gorgeous images, especially this one http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/2140620381/photos/2224941/dsc02462

Are you from a Maghreb country?

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Fujifilm X-A1 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow