Exif viewer

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,178Gear list
Like?
Re: Exif viewer
In reply to djddpr, 5 months ago

djddpr wrote:

My thanks to all who commented. I tried the suggestions offered and have settled on Jerry045's recommendation of PhotoME. It is much larger than Nir Sofer's program but it communicates better and has a histogram.

PhotoMe is pretty good, just be aware that it is now 5 years old and all development ceased long ago. Note that you can use the arrow keys to move from image to image.  It does automatically integrate with other imaging software, so you can launch other image viewers and editors from PhotoME.

You can also enter filters to limit what you see - for example, to display the JPEG settings, enter the following into the Filter field (you may need to type ctrl-F to open the filter panel if it isn't already at the bottom of the program display):

• 0089;NoiseReduction;Sharpness;Saturation;Contrast

The "0089" is the tag number for the PhotoStyle setting, which PhotoME doesn't decode. The Panasonic FZ values for PhotoStyle/Tag 0089 are:

• 0 => 'Auto',
  • 1 => 'Standard or Custom',
  • 2 => 'Vivid',
  • 3 => 'Natural',
  • 4 => 'Monochrome',
  • 5 => 'Scenery',
  • 6 => 'Portrait',

It's the ability to customize EXIFTool to display camera-specific values using the same designations are why I prefer it.  EXICTool also has the ability edit EXIF data, making corrections to timestamps or the addition of GPS data, etc., possible.

One feature of PhotoME I wish worked better is the ability to display the focal point used for the images on its thumbnail image - I've learned through trial and error that this feature does not work very well for my FZ-series images.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow