no point - just I hate W8

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Win8 hate - some justified, some not
In reply to Scott Eaton, 10 months ago

Metro, for lack of a better term 'sucks', and contrary to constant advice to install a 3rd party Start GUI this isn't an option in many circumstances I deal with. I then have to support that 3rd party add on and deal with any conflicts. Different story for home use where you can do what you want. It also doesn't negate Metro at all because Win8 will still throw you into difficult to to exit Metro wizards for ambiguous sign-ups to MS live, clicking on media links, etc. Very confusing for workflow minded people I have to support.

Just a side comment about Vista given several people are bashing it. Vista's main problem was lack of hardware support when it was introduced. Unlike Vista, Win7 wasn't greeted with people trying to install it on 2gig P4's running integrated video and other hardware that should have been run through a recycling shredder. I don't run into Vista that much, but when I do it's not much different than Win7 and certainly a step up from XP provided it's running on adequate hardware.

This must be the first time I've ever agreed with anything this poster has written but he's spot on with this one!

The corporate networks I've inherited walking into some IT depts. have been a mix of XP and 7. I rarely see Vista unless it comes as Server 2008.  The latest contract involves upgrading a mix of XP, 7 and even some legacy hardware running W2K. Management has made the decision that the firm will standardise on 7. The irritating part of the new contract is downgrading perfectly good new hardware with 8 on it to retrofit 7. IMHO opinion the GUI on 8 is completely unusable on non touchscreen PC's and even if we did have touch monitors we'd be in for RSI claims within a year.

-- hide signature --

The degree of technical knowledge of the fanboi owner is inversely proportional to the size of his ego.

Jaberwok's gear list:Jaberwok's gear list
Samsung NX10 Samsung NX11 Samsung NX20 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow