Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,685
Like?
agree
In reply to jeffharris, 10 months ago

jeffharris wrote:

thorn- wrote:

I've seen many m4/3 users state something along the lines of "a 20mm on m4/3 is the same as 40mm on FF" - except, this isn't completely true.

Sure. it may not be 100% technically accurate, but it's close enough and gets the concept across.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to explain some technical thing to someone… Macs, music, bikes, photo stuff, whatever… and watch how QUICKLY their eyes glaze over and their interest evaporates.

So, I've found that a quick answer that gets the point across is better than going into some longwindedly accurate explanation that they really have no interest in hearing. If they're truly interested, they'll ask for more info. Usually, they won't and the quick answer was good enough… for BOTH of us!

Agree. To be "completely true" you'ld probably have to envoke the wave function somehow...

"Usefully true" is really all most people need to understand to take great photos.

Saying, "A 20mm lens on m43 is roughly equivelant to shooting a 40mm lens on FF, except you get more apparent DoF for a given f-stop," pretty much covers everything you need to concider to control your photos. Most everything else is just arguing symantics... IE. arguing to argue.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow