choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
howardfuhrman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,595
Like?
Re: choosing between X-T1 and Sony A7
In reply to Arn, 7 months ago

While I have a Sony RX1, I have never tried the Sony A7. The thing about the Sony RX1 that impresses me most is that I can shoot at ISO 6400 and 12800 and get very usable photos.

On the FM website,  there is forum for Sony on which with 150+ pages forum of photos taken with the the Sony A7 http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1255248/152 . Most of the photos posted were taken with legacy lenses and most of those photos are spectacular.

On other forums, there are threads  for Fuji and many of the photos posted for the Fuji X cameras are excellent.

I have not yet seen any photos posted by photographers taken with the X-T1 so I cannot compare images from both cameras. However photos of the camera, X-T1 with all the analog dials, the flip screen and grip look great. The X-T1 looks useable, making it possibly the most usable camera available (in my opinion).

While I have some legacy lenses, at this point of my life my focusing vision is not nearly as good as AF. Therefore autofocus lenses are very important to me. Fuji has a more complete lenses lineup than Sony.

Since I believe that sensor size matters in obtaining optimum sharpness and resolution, I believe that the A7 IQ will be better than that from X-T1. How much better and whether anyone will be able to detect much difference on an 8x10, 11x14, 16x20 print is questionable in my mind.

I would recommend that before making a choice, that you wait for the real reviews of the X-T1, rather than previews, you handle both cameras, evaluate your needs to determine whether the lenses available suit your subject matter. Determine the larger size and weight of the FF lenses are  an important consideration to you.  It is possible that there is no wrong choice as both cameras are capable of producing image of excellent quality.  The main limitation of the cameras is usually the person behind the camera.

Good luck with your decision.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow