no point - just I hate W8

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
CAcreeks
Senior MemberPosts: 6,226
Like?
Re: David - thanks for your remarks!
In reply to David Tallboys, 5 months ago

Very insightful, thanks much.

For me personally on a tablet, it is the mouse that I miss more than the keyboard. I have a Linux laptop and vastly prefer OpenOffice Writer to Word, so the "Office" aspect of a Windows 8.x tablet is pointless for me.

What I like on the Android tablet are Netflix and Kindle, both of which are not really usable on a laptop. Some apps are better than websites, as well. I really do not have any problem typing on the touchscreen keyboard. My sister has an iPad and I like it too, for the same reasons.

David Tallboys wrote:

I have an iPad and a Nexus 7. The iPad is the best tablet - it just seems to flow better - but the T100 I mentioned in my full original post is a tablet but with an attachable/detachable keyboard. It is full Windows 8.1 (not RT) so it runs pretty much all windows programs and the machine comes with Excel and Word. So at £350 in the UK - less in the US - I think it is quite a good deal.

In tablet mode the Fisher-Price squares are Ok for those of us who are rotten shots with our fingers. You flick up and down to scroll the screen - but it is not as smooth as the iPad as mentioned earlier.

Clip in the keyboard, add a mouse and you've got a reasonable laptop/netbook. I also have an external screen to use when I want to sit at my desk at home. I wouldn't suggest trying to do photo or video editing. It is a sort of return to the netbook.

I think HP do a similar type of machine but with a bigger screen. I hope that is of use to you.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow