Marty4650
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,577Gear list
Like?
Re: Tom, easy solution
In reply to Tom Caldwell, 5 months ago

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Marty

Hasselblad 110mm

Divide by 0.59 for FF then multiply by 2.0 gives you aprox 372mm?

Or use a M42 focal reducer adapter on M4/3 giving a 1.4 multiplier = 261mm? (and pick up a stop value of light on the way through)

Or fit it on a Pentax Q (glory be) and get something like 1,025mm?

Yes, probably so.

But Steen Bay might be right that the crop factor is actually .78 and not .59 if it is dependent on the diagonal measurement and not on the overall surface area.

One thing we do agree on is that there is a crop factor involved. And that some crop factor must be applied in every single case when you use a lens on a different format camera than the one it was designed for.

Personally, I prefer to use M4/3 lenses on my M4/3 cameras simply because they are best suited for them. They were designed for the smaller format, and have much better coatings and technology than lenses made 40 years ago.

I even prefer M4/3 lenses over the 4/3 lenses I already own, even though the crop factor is exactly the same (1.0X).

Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow