Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,446Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!
In reply to grcolts, 10 months ago

grcolts wrote:

Unfortunately, the lesson I have learned on this Pentax forum is that you are correct about the "Pentax defense force". I don't know how many ad naseum comparisons there have been with Pentax vs Canon vs Nikon vs Full-frame I have seen and read on this forum. Apparently, those discussions are pre-approved. Bring up a subject about a new camera that has much in common with Pentax but is mirror-less and all hell breaks.

Discourse is a two-way street. If you don't want to hear the nay side, don't start the thread. A thread about how the XT-1 is going to hurt Canon or Nikon, posted in their respective forums, won't be an different. Try it, let us know how it goes.

In reality, if some people on this forum really read what I posted they would see I made no reference to the XT-1 being mirrorless. I was not comparing mirrorless vs DSLR. I was talking about other innovations in a camera that may make many camera buyers take notice.

But it is a DSLR, and the Fuji is not. I don't see how that can be ignored, since MILC is a different philosophy, with different strengths and weaknesses compared to DSLR. Most of the "innovation" in Mirrorless cameras is forced on them, because they have flawed EVF's, inferior AF-C & tracking, and thin lens systems. The price advantage they should have, due to their simpler construction, is not being passed on to the consumer.

To say that I am very dismayed with the reactions of some people on this forum is an understatement. This forum is supposed to be a place to talk all things Pentax without responding with a chip on one's shoulders.

I have not disrespected you in any way. I merely expressed my opinion, which is the whole point of a discussion forum.

It may be time for me to move on and find a place that wants to talk cameras intelligently and not emotionally. I am sorry I ever posted my thoughts on this forum. I won't make that mistake again.

Buh-bye then. Good luck finding that forum. I don't think it exists.

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow