Need For Articulating LCD On 6D MKII

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike K
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,496Gear list
Like?
Re: Limitations of WiFi for Live View
In reply to Habemus_Canon, 10 months ago

Habemus_Canon wrote:

Thanks for your post and email Mike. I am well aware of the external monitor options. In fact, I purchased one - and quickly returned it. Just too cumbersome as a solution - cables, batteries and something perched in the hot shoe mount of my camera raising the center of gravity in a slippery stream bed... well you get the idea.

Why couldn't you have used the wi-fi and and a smartphone as a remote?

All of the Canon wireless Live View output is of relatively low quality, approximately 640X480. This is the USB level output and is adequate for composition but inadequate for fine focus applications. No matter how many pixels your phone/pad has, your resolution will be limited by the camera USB resolution. By comparison the HMDI camera output on the side of the camera has HD resolution. The difference is like an old tube TV Vs a HD (1080) TV with a good HD level recording. I don't know of any pad or smartphone that can directly display HDMI cable output.

Mike K

Mike K's gear list:Mike K's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS D60 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow