How is the SEL20F28 for walk-around/pocketing purposes?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,885Gear list
Like?
Re: How is the SEL20F28 for walk-around/pocketing purposes?
In reply to Reignman40, 9 months ago

Thank you guys for your replies.

I also have the SEL35F18, but I find that focal length to be a bit more restrictive for everyday street usage. Plus it is physically much bigger (especially if you attach the lense hood) than the pancake.

I think I am going to get a SEL20F28 off of ebay and use it as my default walk-around lense coupled with the NEX-3N.

E 35 and E 20 compliment each other well. I use them together. My copies cost $400 (Sony discount around Christmas) and $250 (ebay) respectively. Also picked up ECU1 off ebay for $78 (works on E 20 as 15mm option).

The E20 is pretty good wide open (although during the day I don't care for any larger than f/4).

I skipped kit zoom lenses on my NEX-6. If I ever needed one, I can dig into my A-mount collection including the tiny Minolta 35-70/4, which I can use with MB speedbooster... As a 25-50/2.8 lens (pocketable with tue adapter).

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow