Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,079Gear list
Like?
Cautious confidence in the snow
5 months ago

It's liberating to have confidence in weather sealing - I'm still cautious with large non-sealed lenses, but also somewhat cautious with a sealed lens. Letting either get wetter than I might otherwise, but wiping them down when the amount of moisture starts freaking me out [g].

So, if it's going to be cold and windy, I say let it snow! Well, just enough for effect so life can go on when it's not 'camera time'. And I'm starting to look forward to working in warm significant precipitation in a way I've always thought I should get out in it, but always held back.

Also, I've been ignoring the CV Nocton 25/0.95 in favor of the other two in that line. . . unsure about which I wanted mounted for the day, the 17.5mm or 42.5mm, I went with the Goldilocks option. Having the 12-40 on the other camera meant no FL regrets or lens changes in the blowing snow.

Like most of us in in the middle of this season I'm tired of winter, but I will miss the snow (the snow that occurs before it reaches the ground, anyway).

E-M1, Nokton 25/0.95

E-M1, Nokton 25/0.95

E-M1, Nokton 25/0.95

E-M5, m.ZD 12-40/2.8

E-M5, m.ZD 12-40/2.8

E-M5, m.ZD 12-40/2.8

E-M1, Nokton 25/0.95

E-M1, Nokton 25/0.95

E-M1, Nokton 25/0.95

E-M1, Nokton 25/0.95

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow