spacemn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128
Like?
Re: Zone and hyperfocal focusing with FE lenses
In reply to abortabort, 10 months ago

abortabort wrote:

spacemn wrote:

Miki Nemeth wrote:

Since manual focusing (MF) is so important on A7 in low light situation, I wonder, if there is away to set the focus distance manually on a native FE lens. I am experimenting with zone and hyperfocal focusing, and it is quite straightforward with the depth-of-view scales printed on my FD/MD/OM lenses.

Yes, you are missing something It will show a slider with the focus distance when you manual focus native lenses. This is very cool and you also can see when you are actually focussing to infinity. With legacy lenses it naturally will not show you this, but then you have the DOF scale on the lens.

This. The A7 will show focus distance scale, but not DoF scale, which is difficult to be accurate anyway compared to the film days... just ask a Fuji user.

That is what I am saying. You will see a focus distance scale and not all the details of a on lens DOF  scale, but the important information is there. It is easy to have an idea about the DOF even if you haven't memorised the numbers you do have peaking.. It is a very neat upgrade over my NEX-7 where you could not be sure about reaching infinity.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow