Zone and hyperfocal focusing with FE lenses

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
Fred Briggs
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006Gear list
Like?
Re: DOF Preview
In reply to Mike Stratil, 7 months ago

Mike Stratil wrote:

Trollman said that the A7 gives live view DOF preview. I own an A7R and I can't find any reference to DOF in the manual.

So how do we get DOF preview in the A7/R cameras?

-- hide signature --

Michael S

You can turn on Live View Display which is in settings 2, but even with this on, from my observations it appears that the aperture opens to some extent, though it seems not fully, while focusing, so the DOF portrayal will not be accurate until focus is achieved.

However from what I have observed, even with Live View Display turned off, although the aperture seems to fully open during focusing, once focus has been achieved then it appears to shut down to your selected value, so at this point, with respect to DOF,  what you see should be what you get.  However you will not see the brightness of the exposure realistically portrayed with Live View Display turned off.

Fred

-- hide signature --

"We are so small between the stars, so large against the sky." Leonard Cohen c1967

Fred Briggs's gear list:Fred Briggs's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow