bigfatron
Contributing MemberPosts: 526Gear list
Like?
Re: Need For Articulating LCD On 6D MKII
In reply to technic, 10 months ago

technic wrote:

Habemus_Canon wrote:

technic wrote:

A tilt screen can increase creativity and help getting shots that are otherwise impossible or very difficult to get.

And using your smartphone or a tablet as a remote screen allows you to get shots that are impossible or very difficult to get with just a tilt screen. So why not just use the wi-fi option with a smartphone or tablet? It's a 1000x better than a tilt screen. I can set up a macro shot with the camera straight on the ground and even with a tilt screen tilted up I still have to get down on my knees to peer at the screen to check critical focus. With wi-fi and remote live view I can check focus standing over the setup. I can release the shutter, and even make focus adjustments, etc, from the remote wi-fi viewer touchscreen.

totally WRONG, read all the comments above. You seem to think that your apparently limited way of taking pictures (100% tripod based) works for everyone. In difficult conditions a tablet or smartphone is a nuisance at best. Also, I guess a tilt screen is more direct and reliable than the average smartphone (wifi glitches, buggy apps, too many options etc. etc.).

His point about being able to finely check focus is not WRONG.  The fact is both approaches (wifi/cable to smartphone and articulated screen) do have their strengths and weaknesses.  Ideally you'd have both systems and all other things would remain equal (cost, sealing, interface) but you'll have to ask Canon I suppose as to why they haven't bothered putting one on all but a handful of bodies.

bigfatron's gear list:bigfatron's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow