Need For Articulating LCD On 6D MKII

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,530Gear list
Like?
Re: Need For Articulating LCD On 6D MKII
In reply to biza43, 5 months ago

biza43 wrote:

I can understand that a tilt and/or swivel screen is useful in some applications. What I do not understand is people not buying a 6D because it lacks one... they are missing the entire point, and that is the 6D is a very good and affordable FF DSLR.

Getting an inferior camera (with smaller sensor) just because it has such a screen, well, then they don't need FF in the first place...

So ... having FF instead of APS-C sensor is more important than all other functions / features on a camera??

A tilt screen can increase creativity and help getting shots that are otherwise impossible or very difficult to get. An FF sensor on its own will do absolutely nothing to improve your creative options, it takes the same pictures just with slightly better technical quality. One might even guess it limits the opportunities because of increased size/weight (more risk to leave the camera at home).

I always thought photography was about the pictures, and not the pixels...

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow