MarioV
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,804Gear list
Like?
Re: Imaging Resource studio images
In reply to Ianperegian, 5 months ago

Ianperegian wrote:

MarioV wrote:

Ianperegian wrote:

Imaging Resource has now posted studio ISO series for the ZS40, including both JPG and RAW images: http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/panasonic-zs40/panasonic-zs40A7.HTM

I’ve only compared their 100 ISO JPGs for the ZS40 vs the ZS30 so far. To my eyes the IQ of the ZS40 looks better, with less noise. However, the ZS40 shows some bluish CA around white against black objects, although it is only visible at 100%. I suppose that is a limitation of the new, longer zoom lens.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for the heads up, Ian. Look forward to checking it out.

Hi Mario,

I had a go at manually processing the 100 ISO RAW file. I've shown the result below:

The WB is off, but I was able to remove the CA and also perhaps to preserve a little more detail (as in the paintbrush hairs) compared with the OOC JPG, although at the expense of a little more noise.

Ian

-- hide signature --

I think the problem is with the conversion.  How did you convert them, or what is the proper way to convert?

I think the JPGs are excellent up to ISO 400. Very good at 800. Good at 1600 and salvageable at 3200 after some denoising and/or resizing.  6400 is usable if resized down to small web sizes at 640x480 or less..

Overall, very good.

MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D5200 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow